Sleeping Giant Music is seeking a social media coordinator to join our team and coordinate engaging marketing and social media campaigns that showcase all our divisions on our websites and all relevant social media platforms. Enthusiastic, passionate, and driven people are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have experience in, and innovative ideas about content generation for social media platforms and an understanding of the music business. This position requires intermediate social media capability and versatility across an array of platforms such as Wordpress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and other social media tools.
- Supports staff with content creation and managing the companies social media accounts.
- Researches and advises on social media best practices.
- Researches artists and curates content from their networks.
- Drafts and curates content on websites and email campaigns.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout.
- Create for find engaging text, image and video content of our artists for websites and social media.
- Work in conjunction with our design team.
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO.
- Create and measure ad strategies and campaigns on Google Adwords.
- Monitors and reports out on social media analytics for all platforms.
- Responds to comments and messages on all social media platforms.
- Innovates new, fresh approaches to ensure that Sleeping Giant Music is maximizing social media channels and reaching new audiences.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Occasional travel to shows and events may be required to capture new and fresh photos.
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the ever-changing landscape of social media.
- BA/BS from an accredited University or College in marketing.
- Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator.
- Experience in live events/music booking and touring a plus.
- Ability to write and generate content.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics, and Google Adwords
- Superb organization skills.
- The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative, and a self-starter.
- Ability to anticipate needs and execute time sensitive matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently.
- Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be solutions oriented.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
Compensation: Compensation is negotiable depending on experience.
Sleeping Giant Music is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type of Contract
Share this position: